When you first light your candle, it’s really important that you allow the melted wax to reach the edges of the container fully to create an even burn and a long lasting candle. This should take about 3-4 hours and no more.
Keep it burning each and every time until the melt pool reaches all the edges of the container.
It is recommend that a candle, regardless of its size, should not be lit for any longer that 3-4 hours at a time.
If you let it burn more than 4 hours, the wick will begin to “mushroom”. This can cause the wick to become unstable, the flame to get too large, and your candle to smoke.
When should I stop burning my candle?
As soon as the wax reaches the last 1/2-1/4 inches (2cm) at the bottom of the container it really is time to say goodbye.
As the wax reaches a very low point in the container it can superheat, which means there is a lot of heat in the bottom of the container. For safety reasons, it’s always best to blow your candle out when the wax becomes low.
Clean our your jar and reuse your vessel as to store spices in your kitchen, a planter, or whatever you’d like!